PROJECT COMPLETED BY ROTARY CLUB OF KATHMANDU IN RESPONSE TO COVID19: With support from Rotary Kathmandu Members and Rotary Partners such as Rotary Club of Northbridge NSW District 9685, Rotary Club of South Wagga Wagga, Disaster Aid Australia, Rotary Club of North Sydney, Rotary Club of The Entrance RID 9685, Rotary Club of Albury RID 9790, Rotary Club of Macedon Ranges RID 9800, Rotary Club of Melbourne RID 9800, Rotary Club of Crows Nest Australia, Rotary Club of Lane Cove Australia, Rotary Club of Chatswood Sunrise Australia, Rotary Club of Newberg USA, Rotary Club of Deniliquin Australia, Rotary Club of Alice Springs Australia, Rotary Club of Skivehus Denmark, Vinderup Rotary Club Denmark, Viborg Asmild Rotary Club Denmark, Viborg Morgen Rotary Club Denmark, Struer Rotary Club Denmark, Distrikt 1440 Denmark, Rotary Danmarks Hjælpefond, Himalayan Project, Flying Aid Nepal, Freindsheep llc, Asterisk International Services, Till Dec 2021, RC Kathmandu raised over US$ 150,000 and have contributed US $ 125,000 for COVID19 Response Project. The activities are listed below:
• Support to Primeminister Relief Fund
During 62nd charter day ceremony of Rotary club of Kathmandu organized on 13th April 2020, US$1000 was handover to DG Rtn.Kiran Lal Shrestha for Primeminister Relief Fund of Nepal Government through Rotary District 3292
• Relief Material Suppport (Food Support)
1. Food support of net worth $300 has been provided to the organization named EPSA Nepal, a group of disabled women.
2. On 11th May 2020, Food package support (Groceries) provided to 17 needy families of Bhaisepati, Lalitpur in the presence of PP Rtn.Dan Bahadur Chand.
3. On 10th May 2020, Food Package support (Groceries) provided to 90 needy family of Ombahal community, Kathmandu in the presence of President Rtn.Narayan Krishna Kharel and club members.
4. Food Package support (Groceries) provided to 100 needy family of Kathmandu Metropolitan ward no.11 through ward office. The handover of groceries was done in the presence of President Rtn. Narayan Krishna Kharel, district secretary PP Rtn. Rajendra Kumar Dahal and club members.
5. Snacks food package support (groceries) for one month provided to Srijansil Children Welfare Centre, Kadaghari, Kathmandu. 18 orphan childrens are residing in the centre and are studying.
6. Food Package support (Groceries) for one month provided to Aasatit Child Home, Lalitpur. This support will provide food to 23 orphan childrens residing in the child home.
7. Food Package support (Groceries) provided to 50 deprived family of Devichaur, Godavari Municipality-7. The support was provided in coordination of Godavari Municipality office and in the presence of Mayor Mr. Gajendra Maharjan, Ward Chairperson, Chief Administrative Officer of Lalitpur Metropolitan City Mr. Prem Prasad Bhattarai.
8. RC Kathmandu distributed Food Packs to 51 Blind families of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur on 5th, July 2020.
9. RC Kathmandu distributed Food Packs to 25 deprived family of Kathmandu ward no 11 Thapathali on May 25.
10. RC Kathmandu distributed food packs to 30 deprived family of Chhayanaath Rara Municipality ward 1 in coordination with Mugu Nepal Helping Hands.
10. RC Kathmandu distributed food packs to 25 children of Aadhyamik Jagaran Maitri Prabardan Kendra, Thankot on June 10 2021.
• Medical Supply and Personel Protective Equipement (PPE) Support
1. On 11 May 2020, 5 set of PPE has been provided to Sahodar Hospital of Lamjung district. PPE has been handover to Dr. Homnath Adhikari by President Rtn.Narayan Krishna Kharel.
2. Rotary club of Kathmandu has supported 5000 Pcs mask, 20 liter hand wash liquid, 120 Pcs sanitizer and 500 Pcs hand gloves through Rotary club of Gongabu for the frontline health workers, security personnels and media persons working at Bhulke, Triyuga Municipality of Udaypur district. After identification of number of cases in this area, government of Nepal has declared Bhulke area as Red zone.
3. On 30th April 2020, Medical items like Foley’s catheter, CIC pipe, Urine bag etc. provided to lockdown hard hit spinal injury persons residing at Nepal Disabled Association, Jorpati.
4. On 22 April 2020, Rotary club of Kathmandu jointly with Panchakanya Group handover two set of swab collection booth to Ministry of Health and Population in the presence of Hon. Health Minister Mr. Bhanubhakta Dhakal and Hon. Women, Children and Senior Citizen Minister Mr. Parbat Gurung. The booth has been provided to health centers of Udaypur and Biratnagar by Ministry.
5. Supported 5 PPE set and 2 thermal gun to Telkot health post and Nagarkot health post.
6. On June 15, 2020 RC Kathmandu donated one SWAB collection booth to Dhulikhel Quarantine Center in coordination with Rotary Club of Dhulikhel for collection of SWAB for PCR testing.
• Handwashing Station Support
Handwashing with soap and water is the best way to stop transmission of coronavirus from hand, so it is important to aware people on right way of handwashing with soap and facilitate them with handwashing stations. Handwashing stations at public places like municipality office, bus stations and hospitals can be transmission point of coronavirus due to lack proper cleaning of tap and soap dispenser after each use. So, Rotary club of Kathmandu has decided to place mechanical handwashing stations in such public places where once can wash their hand without touching tap and soap dispenser with their hand, station can be operated mechanically with foot presses.
1. On 11 May 2020, 2 set of mechanical handwashing station has been installed at Maternity hospital, Thapathali and handover to director of hospital Prof. Dr. Jageshwor Gautam in the presence of Mr. Hiralal Tandukar, ward chairperson of ward no.11 of Kathmandu Metropolitan City and District Secretary PP Rtn.Rajendra Kumar Dahal. One station has been placed at Maternity hospital premise at Thapathali and next at Nursing college of hospital located at Kupondole. Hospital administration will look after effective and sustainable use of the handwashing stations. On 15 May 2020, Rotary club of Kathmandu installed two sets of mechanical hand wash system at Patan Hospital Lagankhel Lalitpur.
2. On 15 May 2020, Rotary club of Kathmandu installed two sets of mechanical hand wash system at Patan Hospital Lagankhel Lalitpur.
3. On 19 May 2020, Rotary club of Kathmandu installed two units of Mechanical Hand Wash System at Nepal Eye Hospital, Tripureshwor.
4. On 19 May 2020, Rotary club of Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Wash System at National Kidney Center, Banasthali, Kathmandu
5. On 20 May 2020, Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed one Mechanical Hand Wash Station at Mulpani Health Center.
6. On 20 May 2020, Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed one Mechanical Hand Wash Station at Children Eye Hospital, Monohora.
7. On 25 May 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Sanga Spinal Injury Hospital.
8. On 26 May 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Tilganga Eye Hospital.
9. On 26 May 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Purnamoti Memorial Society Ramechhap.
10. On 1 June 2020, RC Kathmandu installed two unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Bir Hospital.
11. On 10 June 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Monmohan Hospital, Swyambhu.
12. On 20 June 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Sukraraj Tropical Hospital, Teku.
13. On 24 June 2020, RC Kathmandu installed one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Prashuti Griha, Bhaisipati OPD.
14. On 30 June, 2020; The Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed 4 units of mechanical hand washing station at Nakkhu Jail, Lalitpur. 8 people can get service from 4 units at a time. The system will benefit total of 2000 individuals; 1800 inmates and 200 security personnel as well as administrative staffs.
15. On 1 July 2020; The Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed 1 unit of mechanical hand washing station at Badegaun Police Station, Lalitpur.
16. On 22 Oct, 2020, one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station was installed at Community Service Center, Ghattekulo, Kathmandu.
17. On 22 Oct, 2020, two units of Mechanical Hand Washing Station was installed at Patan Mental Hospital, Balkumari, Patan.
18. On 22 Oct, 2020, one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station was installed at Satdobato Police Station, Lalitpur.
19. On 30 Oct, 2020, two units of Mechanical Hand Washing Station was installed; one at Bageshwori Secondary School and one at Shree Jhamkeshwori Secondary School of Okharbazar and Tistung of Thaha Municipality, Makawanpur.
20. On 29 Nov, 2020 Rotary Club of Kathmandu handed over one unit of Mechanical Hand Washing Station at Department of Social Work, Tribhuvan University in the Presence of Dr. Sukra Raj Adhikari, Department Head of Social Work, TU.
21. On 4 April, 2020 Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed one unit of hand washing station at Basantanagar Colony, Jarankhu, Tarkeshwor-2.
22. On 3 May, 2020 Rotary Club of Kathmandu installed two units of mechanical hand washing station at Tribhuvan University (One unit at Sociology department and one unit at department of peace and conflict).
23. Rotary Club of Kathmandu distributed 19 touch-less hand washing stations to 19 schools of the Nuwakot and Makwanpur districts on 21 July, 2021.
Till date RC Kathmandu installed 51 units of Mechanical Hand Washing station at different health centers, schools, university, hospitals, public places, prisons and police stations.
- Establishment of PCR lab at Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital, Kathmandu
Rotary Club of Kathmandu established PCR Lab at Paropkar Maternity and Women’s hospital, Thapathali, Kathmandu. Kathmandu Metropolitan City Mayor Mr. Bidya Sunder Shakya inaugurated Pathology Lab renovated by Rotary club of Kathmandu in support from Rotary clubs from Australia. The PCR machine was donated by KMC and shall commence PCR test service to Covid suspected cases. The total budget of PCR testing lab project is AU$ 9,003.
- Distribution of Oxygen Concentrators To Health Institutions of Nepal
Rotary Club of Kathmandu distributed 54 units of 10 L Oxygen Concentrator worth of US$ 44,000 to 35 heath institutions (hospitals, Heath Centers and Isolation Centers) of Nepal. The hand over program was organized on 4th July, 2021 in the presence of District Governor Elect Jitendra B Rajbhandary.
With the scarcity of oxygen cylinders during the treatment of Corona affected people, scores of organizations from Nepal and abroad have put forward their help.
In its wake, the Rotary Club of Kathmandu has also come forward for noble causes.
The Rotary Club of Newberg USA contributed US$ 12,000; Rotary Club of Northbridge Australia contributed US$ 4,000. Similarly, in coordination from Rotary Club of Albury Australia other Rotary Clubs such as Rotary Club of South Wagga, Rotary Club of Deniliquin, Rotary Club of Alice Springs, Rotary Club of The Entrance and other well-wishers contributed US$ 10,000. Similarly, in coordination of Rotary Club of Skivehus Denmark other Rotary Clubs such as Vinderup Rotary Klub, Viborg Asmild Rotary Klub, Viborg Morgen Rotary Klub, Struer Rotary Klub, Distrikt 1440, Rotary Danmarks Hjælpefond, Himalayan Project, Flying Aid Nepal jointly contributed US$ 38,000. Similarly, Freindsheep llc and Asterisk International Services and members from Rotary Club of Kathmandu also contributed to oxygen concentrator distribution project. With generous contribution of these clubs and organization, The Rotary Club of Kathmandu raised US$ 70,000 in total for this concentrator project.
Similarly, 115 units of 5 L oxygen concentrators were also distributed by Rotary Club of Kathmandu to different hospitals and isolation centers supported by Taiwan Rotary District through IPDG Kiran Lal Shrestha.
Donation of Nrs. 1493700 (US$ 12658) to KIOCH, Damak
Rotary Club of Kathmandu, the first club of Nepal donated Nrs. 1493,700 (approx US$ 12658) to KIOCH [Kathmandu Institute of Child Health] – DAMAK CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Jhapa for the establishment of Rotary Emergency Child COVID Unit. The Cheque was handed over to KIOCH Chairman Dr. Bhagwan Koirala by President 2021-22 Rtn. Suresh Man Singh at the program organized at Rotary Hall, Thapathali on 25 Nov, 2021.
Donation of 648,000 pcs of KN-95 Mask to more than 100 health institutions of Nepal:
Rotary Club of Kathmandu donated 648,000 pcs of KN-95 mask worth AU$ 325,447 received from Rotary Australia World Community Service to more than 100 health institution of Nepal. RC Kathmandu handed over 200,000 pcs to health ministry and remaining others to different central, provincial, district and local level health institutions in all seven province of Nepal.
Similarly, The Rotary Club of Kathmandu is planning to support people in need and health care professionals of Nepal to fight against the emergency created due to COVID-19 Pandemic in collaboration with different Rotary Clubs around the world. The following are our upcoming planned activities:
1. Support at least 500 sets of PPE like a gown, gloves, N95 Mask, face shield, surgical mask, goggles, surgical cap, and sanitizer to health facilities in coordination with the Ministry of Health, ward office and concerned hospitals.
2. Supply food (required for a daily meal) to the disadvantaged people, daily wage earners, students, and the street children who are at high risk due to lockdown conditions.
3. Establish Mechanical Hand Washing station at different hospitals and public places and support oxygen concentrators to hospitals and health posts.